Friday 13 June 2014

Happy Birthday

As many of you know - I just had my 40th birthday - holy crap how did that happen!?!!!
My wonderful Friend Beverly and sneaking husband threw me a surprise birthday party at the end of May, it was so great! Apparently this was a very hard task too, because I do things on a whim - such as go camping at the beginning of May, when she had planned my original surprise birthday party. Poor Bev had to phone guests to cancel their hotel reservations and replan for end of May. 
Well, she and Ed did a wonderful job!
My Dad, Grandma, friend Owen, and cousin Don came up from the coast to celebrate with me. Owen stayed with us for almost a week fixing up our power system and setting up our solar panels. What I didn't realize at the time was that he was also up for my birthday installing three more panels - a birthday present from him, Rick and Jo and Marg and Ted. He was quietly laughing at me for not noticing there was three more panels and never did tell me until we arrived at Bevs Saturday evening for my birthday! 

I absolutely LOVE my new solar panels!
 We have so much electricity now, I don't have to worry about the power going out (like when I had a shower a couple months ago in the dark because the power was out) or when I do laundry, vacuum floors and the biggest bonus of all - now I can look for a fridge! Yes we have lived out of a cooler (ice box) for 5 years!
I can't thank everyone enough for making this year a wonderful one! 
Unfortunatly I have NO pictures at my party I will ask Bev to see if she can send them to me and you too can see my surprized look!

Owen and I 

Ready for placing 


While Owen was up we put in a new strawberry patch

So beautiful!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it was such a great surprise. Wish I could have been there! xoxoxo

    PS: I almost ruined it when I was talking to you after the first weekend in May and I said something like, "So.... how was it?" I had to quickly backtrack when I realized it hadn't happened yet!

    ReplyDelete