Saturday 11 May 2013

Churn Creek

Last weekend Tay, Russ, Shayleigh and I drove out to Churn Creek on the Fraser River. Ed is still crazy busy with his work so he wanted to keep working on his contracts.
I was very nervous about going out to Churn Creek alone because it is 82 kms out a dirt road and I had never been there before so I was worried about getting lost.

Dylan was out there camping with his best friend Mike and his family and grandparents. On Friday I had pretty much convinced myself I wasn't going, when Marianne (Mikes Grandma) dropped by my work with a very detailed map on how to get out there. So after much thinking I decided to go so we packed up saturday morning went to work and after work headed out, well am I ever glad I did - it was the most beautiful drive. 
We had a get time!   
Churn Creek bridge - about 7 years old previous one was wood and swayed as you drove across it. This one was bad enough it was not paved it was a grate so if you stopped (which I didn't) you could see the river, through the grate below

Having fun in the creek 

Tayler Gold panning 

Dylan tries his hand 

Russ found this cool rock - looked like a fossil
No words needed!

The Gang Ranch Barn  and wagon out front


Store and post office on the Ranch - so cool - it wasn't open when we were there, but Dylan went back the next day and said it was really neat and was befriended by a 3 yr old cowboy with a huge cowboy hat, boots that were too big and a Lightning McQueen shirt - so cute! 


View above one of the three irrigation reservoirs on the ranch 

Burying Dylan and Mike in the sand - oh man were they dirty when they got home!

Bighorn sheep on the hills across from where we were camped 

No comments:

Post a Comment