Sunday 26 May 2013

Construction on the coop


For the past few weeks I have been trying to build a new run for our new chickens. Last winter the snow collasped the original run into a mangled mess of chicken wire and broken boards.
Our neighbour in front of us has a huge run for his chickens that is SUPER sturdy and solid, so I have taken his advice and I am in the process of building a run like theirs.

Below Dylan is wiring the poles on the top, the kids have been a real big help through the whole thing. Considering construction is not my thing, it has turned out pretty good! and fairly sturdy!   


This past week I have put chicken wire around the outside and even made a door. Now I have to tackle the other side of the coop and hopefully this will keep the chickens confined to the run instead of all over the yard and in the garden eating my vegetables! 

1 comment: