Friday 28 December 2012

Christmas Fun

This year I took hardly any pictures of the Christmas Festivities! I have one from Christmas Eve 3 on Christmas day and that's it! How bad is that! Well, what do you do! 
I made gingerbread last weekend, amidst all the activities we were doing. I found a great recipe and started out. I was half way through when I noticed the dough needed 14 cups of flour - 14 cups! By the time I had finished the marathon baking, I had 4 gingerbread houses and 2 dz little people! The kids thought this was fantastic! 

Dylan and I assembled 3 of the 4 housesthe next day, and  we gave the 4th house to Bev and the girls. 

I worked half a day on Christmas Eve. When I got home I set the kids up with icing and candies and they decorated while I made the dessert to take to our friends for Christmas Eve dinner.


We set off to our friends house early in the afternoon to start the Christmas Eve Olympics - Sledding, target shooting, present wrapping and a sledding obstacle course. We had to speed up the outside games as it was -21 outside - BRRRR! The kids had a blast and each one won a prize (a Christmas present from our dear friends)

Christmas Day went so fast it was unbelievable - I kids got up late (thank goodness I was exhausted!) They found their gifts and set to opening everything as fast as possible! They were very excited and very happy. We received a few parcels by bus and post so it was fun opening those too. Lots of fun surprises.
We had pancakes and bacon for breakfast and spent the rest of the day hanging out and watching a movie.
We went to another friends place for Christmas dinner - there was so much food it was crazy, but super yummy! After dinner we took the kids out for a Bone fire and Hot Chocolate, they really enjoyed that! 
Tay making an angel 

Bone Fire - I love the lantern!
  On Boxing Day, Dylan and Ed went ice fishing for the day, while Tay, Russ and I hung out at home, we played a few games and learned a few magic tricks from Russ's new Magic Kit. I painted our kitchen floor (its been bugging me for a while)
 It was a very nice day, very relaxing.
We hope you had a wonderful Christmas Holiday.
See you in the New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment